Hey there!! Recently a long-time reader, and great blogger tweeted me to ask if I'd post a Fit Tuesday on Inner Thighs, so here you go! Oh, and please don't be
scared jealous of my sexy hair!! It took a long time to do it, sorry, no tutorials on this one! :)
I want to start by saying, if you have target areas that you'd like to improve- do focus on them, but don't isolate those areas all the time. It's good to keep your workouts varied and to continue working your whole body including your "trouble spots." Here are a couple of my favorite inner thigh moves:
1. Plie'- These are a move I learned in ballet! Plie' is actually a French word. Anyway, stand with your feet a bit wider than your hips and bend until your thighs are parallel to the ground. You may do these with your arms straight out in front of you, out to the sides in a "T" or add resistance like I did, with weights! Do these for about 46-60 seconds.
*be sure to tuck your butt under while you do these and keep your abs tight!!
2. Chair kicks: Stand straight up behind a chair and kick your leg inward as shown in the photo. Swing each leg in and out for about 45 seconds per set, in a controlled manner. Keep your abs tight!!
3. Lunges: Most of you know what a proper lunge looks like. You can do these with weights as well!
4. V-Sits: I love these!! Begin with your legs out in a V shape, a couple inches off of the ground, and lift them to a 45* angle. Keep doing these in a controlled motion for 45-60 second sets! Keep those abs in :)
3. Lateral Band Walks: Both legs should be in a mini band, just below your knees. Then walk side steps for 20 feet, then back 20 feet!
4. Single-Arm Dumbell Swing! Challenge!! Grab your dumbell with an overhand grip. hold in front of you at waist level. Bend at hips and knees and lower torso to 45* angle to the floor. Swing dumbell between legs. Next, keeping arm straight, thrust hips forward and straighten your knees. Bring dumb bell to chest as you stand up. Now squat back down and do over...
Last 2 taken from Women's Health BIG Book of Exercises
Need a break?? Go enter my $50.00 SPA GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY Sponsored by Trop50 NOW!
Any other favorite thigh exercises you like??
Do you like what you see? Consider following along:
Or ask questions via Formspring!