Hey all! Thank you for joining me for my first blogging "How-to" post!
If you are active in the blogging community, you are likely familiar with contact forms. Do you ever see them and wonder how you can get one? I have been wondering this for awhile, especially since I know Wordpress offers plug-ins and I haven't been able to figure out how to install one for Blogger. Well not only I have I found one that can be used for Blogger, but also many other sites including your Facebook fan page, Wordpress and Tumblr! I found it through ContactMe. ContactMe allows you to customize your contact form with features such as a photo and choosing the fields you would like and which ones you prefer to be required for submission.
What one? Here are the steps:
1. Visit the ContactMe site and create your account. It takes you through four steps to set up, and takes just a couple of minutes.
2. I skipped the first two steps of set-up since I'm using the application as a plug-in, but the third and fourth step are crucial, in my opinion.
3. Step three is "Complete Your Profile." Here, you just enter your blog information, along with a photo and links to your Facebook and Twitter, if you choose.
See how it adds your Facebook and Twitter buttons?? I thought that was really cool!
4. Step four is "Create a Button." As you can see, there are so many different sites you can use ContactMe in!
5. Generate your button and the site will take you through a couple more steps depending on which site you're adding your button to!
Once you have the contact form installed, when someone contacts you through the form, ContactMe emails you at the email address you use to set up your account.
If you try ContactMe, I would love to hear your experience with it!